Thanks to God’s gracious provision to Christ the King, we are in the process of building a new church building on route 419 in Roanoke County.
Watch the construction live right here!
June 19, 2017: Retention Pond, Excavating and a Camera
Over the last few weeks we have seen trees taken down, lots of dirt moved, and a few more pipes put underground. The retention pond is now in place in the corner of the property.
Also, one of our members stopped by to setup a live feed so we can all follow the construction online. That’s what you see at the top of this page.
June 1, 2017: Underground Work Continues
The work is continuing … but it’s all underground – installing sewage lines.
May 18, 2017: Digging
The digging has begun!
April 30, 2017: Ground Breaking
On April 30, we gathered as a church on the property for our new building to celebrate and worship God for his goodness to us. We prayed together and sang the hymn “All for Jesus” because this building is all for him.
Winter 2017: Permits Approved
Spring 2016: Capital Campaign
In the spring of 2016, we conducted a capital campaign to raise the needed funds for the new building. The Lord blessed us with what we needed, and we moved forward with the design and construction process.
Church Building Plan
- Fellowship Hall/Worship Space with seating for 450-500.
- Lobby/Commons area of about 3,000 sq. ft. with natural light for an open and welcoming ambiance, as well as welcome center and comfortable seating.
- Two story wing with elevator and educational space on both floors with attractive nurseries and children’s classrooms.
- 1000 sq. ft. commercial grade kitchen near the fellowship hall.
- Total building size ~ 22,000 sq. ft.
- New entrance and extensive site development to enhance property usefulness and appearance.